Medications that disqualify?
Create Post

Medications that disqualify?

Hello Marines, I have ADHD and currently medicated. I am however beginning the transition off medication. I talked to my recruiter recently about it and he said that certain medications can permanently disqualify me and that after I'm off medication I should wait at least a year before enlisting. My question is do any of you know off hand medications that are banned or restricted?

Similar Threads:

No, but try the following:

1) Ask recruiter which medications disqualify you.

2) Read labels on your medications.

3) If they match what recruiter said, you're disqualified.

Quote Originally Posted by dtadcock98 View Post
    Hello Marines, I have ADHD and currently medicated. My question is do any of you know off hand medications that are banned or restricted?
    Well....I checked google for you and found this.
    http://usmclife.com/2014/09/become-marine-easy-signing/

Judging from this particular article it doesn't seem to matter which ADHD med one is on.
    It appears that any medication for ADHD is a 'disqualification'.

Sorry, but IMO...if one has an ADHD issue they are not suited for any military service for the obvious reasons.

But, regardless of my opinion and the article above I guess your recruiter will have the last word.

I'm no help for you and am just being candid about your issue.

Carry on....

Okay, thank you sir.

Recently, there was a wannabe like you on here who said his recruiter told him he had to be off his meds (adderall I believe) for two years - and be able to prove it.

Thread Information